Sunday, January 8, 2017

What Happened?

"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"
- Han Solo

Those of you who knew of my old Traveller blog, "The Forge of Foreven" are probably asking that very question. It's simple. As I explained on my main blog, Outside the Boxed Set, I removed the Traveller content due to Mongoose Publishing's bait-and-switch over the Traveller OGL. Don't worry. I've got the information safely stowed away; it's eventually going to be reworked under Far Future Enterprises' fair use policy.

That being said, I decided to repurpose and redesign this blogspace for my D6 Star Wars campaign. In the near future, you'll be reading about the exploits of Spec Ops-4, aka Knight Squadron, as well as the NPCs, house rules and all the other cool things associated with this campaign. To the right you'll see a list of links leading to sites which I may reference from time to time, as well as links to nostalgic bits of D6 Star Wars history, like the Agost Campaign.

The campaign itself is set at the beginning of the middle (original) trilogy, with the first adventure (Rebel Breakout) coinciding with the events of the movie Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. I know a lot of people are going to be curious about the canon used for the campaign. With Disney acquiring Lucasfilm and nullifying all but select parts of the Expanded Universe, it makes things interesting.

To be honest, there are aspects of the EU that I liked and will cherry-pick for use while trying to be careful not to disrupt the canon as it is being established by Disney. Overall, however, I will be trying to keep things simple. I consider the Han Solo and Lando Calrissian trilogies, Alan Dean Foster's novel "Splinter of the Mind's Eye", as well as the events of the Droids cartoon series to be canon.

The first session of the campaign was a big success with lots of blaster fire, lightsabers, a short dogfight and other fun. I hope the rest of the campaign is equally successful and I look forward to sharing it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment